Hi Ghania, I think the problem lies with the JSON you're sending. It needs to look something like this: {attributes: {left: "something", right: "something-else"}, tags: {}} If this is not the case, could you show me the JSON you're sending? Perhaps you could validate the JSON somewhere online aswell. Good luck, Mike van Dongen. > Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:06:20 -0700 > From: gferrag@yahoo.ca > Subject: Re: How to query the distributions/targets with the Client Rest API? > To: users@ace.apache.org > > Hi every one, > > Thank you very much Igor for your response. > I found that tool very very useful. I tried a post on client/work to get the ID and a query to get the targets and the distributions which worked. > But, when I post on client/work/rest-25/distribution2target, I am still getting that exception with this tool(see below the details of the exception). > > Just for your information, I have installed Apache Ace in my machine and on 2 other servers. While doing the post for the association distribution2target, with google Chrom Advanced REST client, I tried all combinations. I mean I used left/right keys and then leftEndpoint/rightEndpoint keys. Then, in the left I put a value I got from the distribution query, and in the right I put a value I got from the target query. > > Im wondering if I installed the right version, or what Im missing here? > Please if someone could help with this issue and thank you so much in advance for your response, > Best Regards, > Ghania Ferrag > > > > > > Error 500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR > >

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /client/work/rest-3/distribution2target. Reason: >

    INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.ace.client.rest.RESTClientServlet.createRepositoryObject(RESTClientServlet.java:413)
> at org.apache.ace.client.rest.RESTClientServlet.doPost(RESTClientServlet.java:354)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.handler.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:96)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.handler.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:79)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.ServletPipeline.handle(ServletPipeline.java:42)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.InvocationFilterChain.doFilter(InvocationFilterChain.java:49)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.HttpFilterChain.doFilter(HttpFilterChain.java:33)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.FilterPipeline.dispatch(FilterPipeline.java:48)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.dispatch.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:39)
> at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:67)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:926)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
> at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
> at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

Problem accessing /client/work/rest-1/distribution2target. Reason: > >

    Unable to parse repository object!

Caused by:

java.io.IOException: Unable to parse repository object!