ace-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Durand <gdur...@sirlan.com>
Subject Re: What is the ordering of the resources in the deployment package manifest?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 12:27:04 GMT
Wow, that was fast.
I guess this should do the trick.
A default implementation could take into account the order of the features
and their artifacts in a distribution. That would be mean storing this
order and being able to change it in the UI.
But far as wars and their config files go, globally processing the files
before the wars is enough.

Le mar. 25 juil. 2017 à 14:03, Jan Willem Janssen <
janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu> a écrit :

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> > On 24 Jul 2017, at 17:33, Guillaume Durand <gdurand@sirlan.com> wrote:
> >
> > The order in which bundles and resources are processed by the
> > DeploymentAdmin is important, e.g. a resource depending on another should
> > be deployed after it.
> > This may be well managed for osgi bundles and configuration, but when
> > working with arbitrary resources, this order must be set somewhere.
> > For instance, if I want to deploy wars on a servlet container, I want to
> > deploy the associated configurations (possibly templated) before the
> wars.
> >
> > How is determined the order in which the resources are listed in the
> > deployment package manifest? And how to change it?
>
> The deployment admin spec is written specifically for a situation in which
> an OSGi environment is to be provisioned, as such it makes a clear
> distinction
> between bundle and non-bundle resources. Ordering between non-bundle
> resources
> is considered as they are always processed *before* the bundles are
> started.
> The idea behind this is that bundles are either the consumer of non-bundle
> resources, or that the non-bundle resources are self-contained.
>
> Now, ACE uses the deployment admin as primary means for installation of
> deployment packages on a target. As such, ordering in non-bundle resources
> is
> not guaranteed, nor changeable at the moment. It is an interesting idea,
> and
> would make ACE be usable in a much generic context than it currently would
> be.
>
> I’ve created <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-627> for that, and
> implemented a first approach already on the trunk of ACE. So, you can give
> it
> a go if you want.
>
> Basically, you can register your own ArtifactDataHelper service that will
> be
> called right before the deployment package is created. It allows you to
> tweak
> the order in which the artifacts are to be included in the deployment
> package.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards
>
> Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
> +31 631 765 814
>

> My world is something with Amdatu and Apache
>
> Luminis Technologies
> John F. Kennedylaan 32
> 7314 PS  Apeldoorn
> +31 88 586 46 25
>
> https://www.luminis.eu
>
> KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
> BTW (VAT) NL8170.94.441.B.01
>
> --
*Guillaume Durand* | Ingénieur expert
*Sirlan Technologies* - 3 Rue Irène Joliot Curie - 38320 Eybens – France
*Office*: +33 (0)4 76 53 35 14
www.sirlan.com

***Pensez à l'environnement, n'imprimez cet email que si nécessaire |