- Which version of ActiveMQ
- What platform of Java (e.g., Java SE 6 with JRE/JDK 1.6.0 or J2SE 5 with JRE/JDK 1.5.0)
- Any particular application/web server or container being used - if so what version?
- Stack traces generally really help! If in doubt include the whole thing; often exceptions get wrapped in other exceptions and the exception right near the bottom explains the actual error, not the first few lines at the top. It's very easy for us to skim-read past unnecessary parts of a stack trace.
- Log output (e.g.,
data/activemq.log) can be useful too; sometimes enabling DEBUG logging can help
- Your code & configuration files are often useful
- apifocal is a Professional Services company. Headquartered near Washington, DC, USA, APIfocal provides consulting and training for leveraging the Apache Integration stack and commercial ESBs at large scale, adding automation and devops capabilities.
- Media Driver provides consulting services and management tools for Apache ActiveMQ and the Apache Integration stack for both the commercial and public sector. We bring a full suite of project delivery services including business and technical analysis, proof of concepts, architectural guidance, best practice integration, and project management. Media Driver offers training classes for developers and administrators, as well as middleware management software.
- Rogue Wave / OpenLogic has a dedicated team of OSS experts offering round-the-clock Production Support with competitive SLAs for troubleshooting ActiveMQ issues and outages. Rogue Wave offers a comprehensive week-long instructor-led training program for developers and admins. Rogue Wave OpenLogic also provides Architecture and Design Consulting, and a Developer Support contract to assist in the development of messaging applications.
- Red Hat offers JBoss A-MQ, a supported distribution of Apache ActiveMQ and Apache ActiveMQ Artemis, that include Enterprise Developer and Production Support, and offer training and consultancy for enterprise deployments.
- Savoir Technologies, Inc provides enterprise consulting, training and support for ActiveMQ and a host of other Apache service containers. Savoir can provide best practice mentoring for developing with ActiveMQ, as well as architectural/design reviews, troubleshooting and SOA infrastructure implementations. Savoir's staff includes some of the contributors of ActiveMQ who are on the ground consulting and are familiar with real world implementations and issues.
- Total Transaction Management (TTM) provides ActiveMQ consulting and support, as well as security and monitoring add-on products and reference guide for ActiveMQ.
- Tomitribe are experts in Tomcat and ActiveMQ integration, champions of Open Source and Java EE. Tomitribe offers consulting, training and support for TomEE, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, CXF and more.
- TytoEASE offers support, consulting and training on enterprise ready open source projects including ActiveMQ. Support offerings are at three levels with guaranteed SLA's. The company's consulting work is short term to help troubleshoot, fine-tune, do architectural reviews or help with initial design. TytoEASE's focus is on the Enterprise with how customers integrate open source with their current technologies.