airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Airflow 1.8.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 19:50:43 GMT
Hi All,

I have made the (first) RELEASE CANDIDATE of Airflow 1.8.0 available at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/
, public keys are available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/
. It is tagged with a local version “apache.incubating” so it allows upgrading from earlier
releases. This should be considered of  release quality, but not yet officially vetted as
a release yet.

Issues fixed:
* Use static nvd3 and d3
* Python 3 incompatibilities
* CLI API trigger dag issue

As the difference between beta 5 and the release candidate is relatively small I hope to start
the VOTE for releasing 1.8.0 quite soon (2 days?), if the vote passes also a vote needs to
happen at the IPMC mailinglist. As this is our first Apache release I expect some comments
and required changes and probably a RC 2.

Furthermore, we now have a “v1-8-stable” branch. This has version “1.8.0rc1” and will
graduate to “1.8.0” when we release. The “v1-8-test” branch now has version “1.8.1alpha0”
as version and “master” has version “1.9.0dev0”. Note that “v1-8-stable” is now
closed. This means that, per release guidelines, patches accompanied with an ASSIGNED Jira
and a sign-off from a committer. Only then the release manager applies the patch to stable
(In this case that would be me). The release manager then closes the bug when the patches
have landed in the appropriate branches. For more information please see: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+Release+Planning+and+Supported+Release+Lifetime
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Airflow+Release+Planning+and+Supported+Release+Lifetime>
.

Any questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to ask!

Cheers
Bolke