airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc3
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2017 15:41:19 GMT
I am running LocalExecutor and not doing crazy things but use DAG
generation heavily - everything runs fine as before. As I mentioned in
other threads only had a few issues:

1) had to upgrade MySQL which was a PAIN. Cloudera CDH is running old
version of MySQL which was compatible with 1.7.1 but not compatible now
with 1.8 because of fractional seconds support PR.

2) when you install airflow, there are two new example DAGs
(last_task_only) which are going back very far in the past and scheduled to
run every hour - a bunch of dags triggered on the first start of scheduler
and hosed my CPU

Everything else was fine and I LOVE lots of small UI changes, which reduced
a lot my use of cli.

Thanks again for the amazing work and an awesome project!