airflow-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.9.0
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:56:03 GMT
But do use alpha/beta please in your versioning for 1.9 for now please. 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

> Op 13 sep. 2017 om 18:51 heeft Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org> het volgende
geschreven:
> 
> Hey all,
> 
> I cut a 1.9.0 test branch:
> 
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/tree/v1-9-test
> 
> One question on versioning: should I switch the version in the branch to 1.9.0, and bump
the master version to 1.10.0dev0+incubating?
> 
> Cheers,
> Chris
> 
>> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org> wrote:
>> Fantastic! I will cut a 1.9.0-test branch today!
>> 
>>> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Small update: we are doing some quick iterations after some community feedback
(thanks @ash!) to make logging even more consistent. So, perfectly fine to cut 1.9.0 but I
hope you allow us to merge some things in this area.
>>> 
>>> Things we would like to fix:
>>> 
>>> 1. Move from LoggingMixing().log() —> import logging log = logging.getLogger(__name__)
>>> 2. Move from logger.xx —> log.XX everywhere
>>> 3. Maybe fix Dagprocessor logging
>>> 
>>> Shouldn’t take us too long, but we probably touch a lot of files due to some
refactoring.
>>> 
>>> Cheers
>>> Bolke
>>> 
>>> > On 13 Sep 2017, at 10:18, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > The PR has been merged. I hope you give 1.9.0 a bit of time to settle (Alpha,
beta, …) , so we can give this logging refactor some love…
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >> On 11 Sep 2017, at 22:59, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org>
wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >> I'm waiting to cut 1.9.0 test until this lands. Can you please post
here
>>> >> when it is committed?
>>> >>
>>> >> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >>> Small update: I expect the logging update to come in either today
or
>>> >>> tomorrow (Monday). Due to its nature - refactoring all logging -
it will be
>>> >>> massive. This is unfortunately unavoidable. Still I think it is
the right
>>> >>> thing to do for 1.9.0 otherwise it needs to wait another major release
>>> >>> probably.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Bolke
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>>> >>>
>>> >>>> Op 7 sep. 2017 om 21:26 heeft Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org>
>>> >>> het volgende geschreven:
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Double negative for the win. Rephrase: Highly unlikely K8s will
make
>>> >>> 1.9.0.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org>
>>> >>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> Highly unlikely K8s will not make 1.9.0.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com>
>>> >>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>> Depends on how fast it stabilizes...
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 21:11, Sergei Iakhnin <llevar@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> The Kubernetes features would be exciting to have.
Do you think these
>>> >>>>>> will
>>> >>>>>>> make it into this release?
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:22 PM Bolke de Bruin
<bdbruin@gmail.com>
>>> >>>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>> Would be appreciated!
>>> >>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>> Op 7 sep. 2017 8:06 p.m. schreef "Chris Riccomini"
<
>>> >>>>>> criccomini@apache.org
>>> >>>>>>>>> :
>>> >>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>> @Bolke, I can wait to cut the test branch
until that PR is merged,
>>> >>> if
>>> >>>>>> you
>>> >>>>>>>>> like.
>>> >>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Bolke de
Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com>
>>> >>>>>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>> One of my team members is preparing
a comprehensive PR that reworks
>>> >>>>>> all
>>> >>>>>>>>>> logging to use the standard framework
that was recently introduced.
>>> >>>>>> It
>>> >>>>>>>> is
>>> >>>>>>>>>> expected to be become public tomorrow.
So please don't cut too
>>> >>> early
>>> >>>>>>>> ;-).
>>> >>>>>>>>>> In addition it would be nice to have
a PR clean up? Some PRs have
>>> >>>>>> been
>>> >>>>>>>>>> waiting for some time.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>> BTW: we will maintain 1.8.X for bug
fixes until  1.10/2.0 comes
>>> >>>>>> along.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>> Cheers
>>> >>>>>>>>>> Bolke
>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 18:55, Chris Riccomini
<criccomini@apache.org>
>>> >>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> Hey all,
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> The workflow is documented here:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/
>>> >>> Releasing+Airflow
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> I'll probably cut the 1.9.0 test
branch today or tomorrow,
>>> >>> depending
>>> >>>>>>>> on
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> schedule. I'll let folks know when
it's cut via dev@.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Once the branch is cut does
that mean no more PRs will be
>>> >>> included
>>> >>>>>>>> in
>>> >>>>>>>>>> the
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> release, or can some changes still
be cherry-picked/merged in?
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> We can still cherry-pick PRs in.
Very quickly, though, we begin
>>> >>>>>>>>> rejecting
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> any PRs that aren't bug fixes. It's
a big exercise to stabilize
>>> >>>>>> these
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> releases, so I will start rejecting
merging non-bug fix PRs pretty
>>> >>>>>>>>>> quickly.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> Probably within a couple of weeks.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> Chris
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:31 AM,
Ash Berlin-Taylor <
>>> >>>>>>>>>>> ash_airflowlist@firemirror.com>
wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> What is the workflow? Once the
branch is cut does that mean no
>>> >>> more
>>> >>>>>>>>> PRs
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> will be included in the release,
or can some changes still be
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> cherry-picked/merged in?
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> (Is this documented somewhere
I can read?)
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Oh, and thing someone in gitter
chat pointed out: the CHANGELOG
>>> >>> on
>>> >>>>>>>>>> master
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> doesn't include entries for
1.8.2.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> -ash
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 17:28,
Andrew Chen <andrewchen@databricks.com
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Any estimate when branch
1.9 will be cut?
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:25
AM, Maxime Beauchemin <
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> maximebeauchemin@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Go for it! Still trying
to wrap up 1.8.2 ...
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Max
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017
at 8:31 AM, Bolke de Bruin <
>>> >>>>>> bdbruin@gmail.com
>>> >>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Awesome!
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017,
at 17:04, Chris Riccomini <
>>> >>>>>> criccomini@apache.org
>>> >>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey all,
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I want to get
the ball rolling on 1.9.0, now that 1.8.2 is
>>> >>> out
>>> >>>>>>>> the
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> door.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> @Max, I recall
you mentioning driving this, but if you're
>>> >>> burnt
>>> >>>>>>>>> out
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> after
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 1.8.2 work,
Joy and I can drive 1.9.0. Just let me know.
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> --
>>> >>>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>> Sergei
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>
>>> >
>>> 
>> 
> 

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, 7-Bit, 0 bytes)
View raw message