airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restart scheduler
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 14:30:34 GMT
The LocalExecutor if SIGTERMed or started with “num_runs” will finish all running tasks,
before it shuts down. This due to the fact the LocalExecutor runs in process with the scheduler.
It can thus take a while before the scheduler shutdown if you have any long running tasks.

Please note that using “num_runs” is deprecated.

Bolke

> On 13 Sep 2017, at 16:24, Сёмочкин Максим Викторович <mvsyomo1@mts.ru>
wrote:

> Hi,
> We make the decision to start using Local executor for some our tasks. Can anybody give
me advice about how to it can be gracefully shutdowned?
> I don’t want to re-invent the wheel.
> Of course I have an option to realize the script which can scan database and wait until
the all active tasks will be finished,  but may be someone has a solved this problem already
or may be the Local executor has this functionality out of the box.
> Thanks

> IP: 11589
> mob: +79150634897
> e-mail: mvsyomo1@mts.ru <mailto:sakukus4@mts.ru>
> г. Москва, ул. Воронцовская, д. 1/3, стр. 2, 4-5 этаж, 401
OS