airflow-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.9.0
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:51:50 GMT
Hey all,

I cut a 1.9.0 test branch:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/tree/v1-9-test

One question on versioning: should I switch the version in the branch to
1.9.0, and bump the master version to 1.10.0dev0+incubating?

Cheers,
Chris

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org>
wrote:

> Fantastic! I will cut a 1.9.0-test branch today!
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Small update: we are doing some quick iterations after some community
>> feedback (thanks @ash!) to make logging even more consistent. So, perfectly
>> fine to cut 1.9.0 but I hope you allow us to merge some things in this area.
>>
>> Things we would like to fix:
>>
>> 1. Move from LoggingMixing().log() —> import logging log =
>> logging.getLogger(__name__)
>> 2. Move from logger.xx —> log.XX everywhere
>> 3. Maybe fix Dagprocessor logging
>>
>> Shouldn’t take us too long, but we probably touch a lot of files due to
>> some refactoring.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Bolke
>>
>> > On 13 Sep 2017, at 10:18, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > The PR has been merged. I hope you give 1.9.0 a bit of time to settle
>> (Alpha, beta, …) , so we can give this logging refactor some love…
>> >
>> >
>> >> On 11 Sep 2017, at 22:59, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I'm waiting to cut 1.9.0 test until this lands. Can you please post
>> here
>> >> when it is committed?
>> >>
>> >> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> Small update: I expect the logging update to come in either today or
>> >>> tomorrow (Monday). Due to its nature - refactoring all logging - it
>> will be
>> >>> massive. This is unfortunately unavoidable. Still I think it is the
>> right
>> >>> thing to do for 1.9.0 otherwise it needs to wait another major release
>> >>> probably.
>> >>>
>> >>> Bolke
>> >>>
>> >>> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>> >>>
>> >>>> Op 7 sep. 2017 om 21:26 heeft Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org
>> >
>> >>> het volgende geschreven:
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Double negative for the win. Rephrase: Highly unlikely K8s will
make
>> >>> 1.9.0.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Chris Riccomini <
>> criccomini@apache.org>
>> >>>> wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>>> Highly unlikely K8s will not make 1.9.0.
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com
>> >
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>
>> >>>>>> Depends on how fast it stabilizes...
>> >>>>>>
>> >>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>> >>>>>>
>> >>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 21:11, Sergei Iakhnin <llevar@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> >>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>> The Kubernetes features would be exciting to have. Do
you think
>> these
>> >>>>>> will
>> >>>>>>> make it into this release?
>> >>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:22 PM Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com
>> >
>> >>>>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>> Would be appreciated!
>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>> Op 7 sep. 2017 8:06 p.m. schreef "Chris Riccomini"
<
>> >>>>>> criccomini@apache.org
>> >>>>>>>>> :
>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>> @Bolke, I can wait to cut the test branch until
that PR is
>> merged,
>> >>> if
>> >>>>>> you
>> >>>>>>>>> like.
>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Bolke de Bruin
<
>> bdbruin@gmail.com>
>> >>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>> One of my team members is preparing a comprehensive
PR that
>> reworks
>> >>>>>> all
>> >>>>>>>>>> logging to use the standard framework that
was recently
>> introduced.
>> >>>>>> It
>> >>>>>>>> is
>> >>>>>>>>>> expected to be become public tomorrow. So
please don't cut too
>> >>> early
>> >>>>>>>> ;-).
>> >>>>>>>>>> In addition it would be nice to have a PR
clean up? Some PRs
>> have
>> >>>>>> been
>> >>>>>>>>>> waiting for some time.
>> >>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>> BTW: we will maintain 1.8.X for bug fixes
until  1.10/2.0 comes
>> >>>>>> along.
>> >>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>> Cheers
>> >>>>>>>>>> Bolke
>> >>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>> >>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 18:55, Chris Riccomini
<
>> criccomini@apache.org>
>> >>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> Hey all,
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> The workflow is documented here:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/
>> >>> Releasing+Airflow
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> I'll probably cut the 1.9.0 test branch
today or tomorrow,
>> >>> depending
>> >>>>>>>> on
>> >>>>>>>>>>> schedule. I'll let folks know when it's
cut via dev@.
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Once the branch is cut does that
mean no more PRs will be
>> >>> included
>> >>>>>>>> in
>> >>>>>>>>>> the
>> >>>>>>>>>>> release, or can some changes still be
cherry-picked/merged in?
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> We can still cherry-pick PRs in. Very
quickly, though, we
>> begin
>> >>>>>>>>> rejecting
>> >>>>>>>>>>> any PRs that aren't bug fixes. It's
a big exercise to
>> stabilize
>> >>>>>> these
>> >>>>>>>>>>> releases, so I will start rejecting
merging non-bug fix PRs
>> pretty
>> >>>>>>>>>> quickly.
>> >>>>>>>>>>> Probably within a couple of weeks.
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>> >>>>>>>>>>> Chris
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Ash
Berlin-Taylor <
>> >>>>>>>>>>> ash_airflowlist@firemirror.com> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> What is the workflow? Once the branch
is cut does that mean
>> no
>> >>> more
>> >>>>>>>>> PRs
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> will be included in the release,
or can some changes still be
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> cherry-picked/merged in?
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> (Is this documented somewhere I
can read?)
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Oh, and thing someone in gitter
chat pointed out: the
>> CHANGELOG
>> >>> on
>> >>>>>>>>>> master
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> doesn't include entries for 1.8.2.
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> -ash
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at 17:28, Andrew
Chen <
>> andrewchen@databricks.com
>> >>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Any estimate when branch 1.9
will be cut?
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:25
AM, Maxime Beauchemin <
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> maximebeauchemin@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Go for it! Still trying
to wrap up 1.8.2 ...
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Max
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:31
AM, Bolke de Bruin <
>> >>>>>> bdbruin@gmail.com
>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Awesome!
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 7 Sep 2017, at
17:04, Chris Riccomini <
>> >>>>>> criccomini@apache.org
>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey all,
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I want to get the
ball rolling on 1.9.0, now that 1.8.2
>> is
>> >>> out
>> >>>>>>>> the
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> door.
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> @Max, I recall you
mentioning driving this, but if you're
>> >>> burnt
>> >>>>>>>>> out
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> after
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 1.8.2 work,
Joy and I can drive 1.9.0. Just let me
>> know.
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>> --
>> >>>>>>>
>> >>>>>>> Sergei
>> >>>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>
>> >
>>
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message