airflow-dev mailing list archives

From David Klosowski <dav...@thinknear.com>
Subject DAGs not running
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:54:28 GMT
Hey Airflow Devs:

We noticed an issue with task instances not running sometimes.

Some interesting details are:
> in the database it shows that specific tasks that are "stuck" have an
end_date but no state (null state)
> Airflow has been running for several days just fine and there were no
changes to Airflow in that period.
> it happened for two separate important tasks for us at the same time

We're running:
> Airflow 1.8.0 with a Postgres backend
> Celery with Redis backed by Postgres result_backend
> 3 worker hosts and 1 scheduler host

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or advice.  Going to look
through the code to see if I can see where/how this might be happening, but
any suggestions or well known issues that might point to the problem might
be helpful.

Thanks.

Regards,
David