airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash_airflowl...@firemirror.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Set Celery 4.0 as a minimum as Celery 4 is unsupported
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2017 15:45:44 GMT
+1 from us, we're running on Celery 4.0.2 in production on Airflow 1.8.2 (4.1 wasn't out when
we started and haven't upgraded in prod yet)

> On 16 Sep 2017, at 16:35, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Some refactoring of the Celery config is underway and as some of the options have changed
between Celery 3 and 4 I have asked the question whether Celery 3 is still supported. Apparently
it is not (https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258 <https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258>).

> As Celery 3 is also 2 major releases behind I propose to set Celery 4.0 as a minimum
supported version with Celery 4.1 being the recommend version. I think this is also important
as we do see some intermittent issues with Celery that are reported to us but are, most likely,
issues in Celery. I don’t want to take care of those as they are difficult to debug.