airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Pot...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: Airflow + Hacktoberfest 2020
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2020 13:08:32 GMT
Absolutely. +10.

We can even do more than that. We are planning with Tomek to run two
workshops in October - the continuation of the Airflow Summit's "First-time
contributors to Apache Airflow". We have already a waitlist of people for
the workshops. And this makes 100% sense to join it and make it a kind of
"Airflow Summit meets Hacktoberfest" event (That's Tomek's idea - kudos for
that!).

Another thing we discussed with Ry yesterday was to involve the meetups
that co-organized the Airflow Summit, could run a regular monthly  "Airflow
Summit" branded online meetups - each time hosted by a different meetup.
Those would be similar to the 3-hours sessions we had at the summit. So we
could start this as part of the Hacktoberfest activities and brand it all
together as "Airflow Summit" initiatives.

Also - if there are any people in the community who would like to help with
organizing this - I think everyone is welcome. The team that organized the
summit is already experienced and I think we are all happy to bring other
people on board to continue doing that with our help and mentorship (and
likely still involvement - I think we were all so happy with the results
that there is no reason why we should not take part in organizing the next
ones.

What do you think community people? Is anyone willing to help :)? It's not
that difficult (especially if you can get help from us), It's
super-rewarding, you get to know a lot of interesting people. We have a
fantastic team from Software Guru, who 'produces" the events (and they are
very good at that), we have Astronomer Google Cloud and Polidea who can
continue the sponsorship I believe :).

And I think all people from the organizer's team will be more than happy to
welcome others to help to organize it forward.

It's a community thing, so I would love to see more of people from the
community involved.

I am super happy personally to mentor people in with my experience for one
(It's the 6th big event I organized but this one was hands-down the best).

Ry, others - what do you think?

Anyone from the community willing to help :)?
J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>