airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Potiuk <Jarek.Pot...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: Airflow + Hacktoberfest 2020
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2020 04:44:14 GMT
@QP - for the workshops, it's not much but the time :). Not even a lot of
preparation is needed (by the people who actively commit the code to
Airflow). It's basically answering people's questions - when the attendees
get to the "hands-on" part and have some problems - breaking out to
separate chat on slack/hangout and helping them online (with possibly a
screen sharing session).

During the workshop. we help people to choose and implement a small
change/fix - like a small documentation change or one-liner fix (you can't
do more than that in the 3 hrs time with new contributors).

Here is the (very short) agenda we have for now when we run it with Tomek:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1h2o5_1RVFWTDIXiaGilgplUFOaTcZ6hC--gRAJ9uIF0/edit#slide=id.g58a0b9556c_0_1105
-
and we give people a prerequisite to fulfill - setting up Breeze to get the
dev environment up and running and get their development environment ready
is something they must do before the training.

J,

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>