ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Trevor McKay <tmc...@redhat.com>
Subject Why do /usr/sbin/ambari-server and /usr/sbin/ambari-agent look so much like initd scripts but line in /usr/bin?
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 18:58:07 GMT
Hi folks,

  Welcome to me :)  First post here.  Please forgive if this has been
asked and answered, I did not find an archive link in incubator.

  I've been working on some patches to make the python version flexible
between 2.6 and 2.7.

  In the process I noted that ambari-server and ambari-agent look
suspiciously (okay, exactly) like initd scripts and in fact contain
comments to that effect.

  Why are they in /usr/sbin instead of /etc/init.d, where they can be
run as services?

Best,

Trevor