ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier Leong <xavier.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari Metrics only supporting average aggregator in widgets
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:49:04 GMT
Hi, I'd define metrics and widget for a service and exported my component
metrics to AMS via the REST API. I have 2 nodes installed and exporting a
value every 15 sec. I have set AMS seconds aggregation to have interval of
60 sec and I'm getting a value in my graph widget showing average value of
4 exported intervals value, eg within 60 sec my exported value for each
15sec is 2, 2, 2, 0.

The result showing in my widget is 0.75 and I guess the formula applied is
(2+2+2+0)/(4*2) for 4 slice in 60 sec interval and 2 nodes.

Even though I have put ._sum as aggregator, the results remains the same.
So does anyone know if other cluster aggregator type is supported besides
average?

I have defined my service metrics to be component level metrics.

Thanks.

-Xavier.