ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Varnau <steve.var...@esgyn.com>
Subject Advice on Ambari M-Pack
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 02:29:07 GMT
Ambari developers,

I'm working on an Ambari MPack to add a service for Trafodion (Apache incubating).  I've figured
out the basics, but I'm not sure of the best technique when my service needs to modify config
values for another service. In this case, we install an HBase co-processor, which is done
by modifying HBase config parameters (ex: hbase.coprocessor.region.classes).

Should my MPack be trying to modify the HBase defaults, so that they are presented to the
user at config time? Or should my install steps be instantiating config values somehow that
HBase will pick up?  Or is there some better way?

Thanks for any advice.

--Steve