ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Mithun Mathew <mithm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advice on Ambari M-Pack
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 03:53:34 GMT
Hi Steve

You should look into recommending configurations during install time of
your service. This lets the user know what options are being changed as a
result of installing the service, and gives the user a chance to accept,
modify or reject your recommendations.

This can be done by implementing a service advisor (ideally, this should
work within the m-pack).

Ambari Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Service+Advisor

Here's an example of a service_advisor recommending configurations for
HDFS:
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/service_advisor.py#L131-L149

Regards
Matt