ambari-dev mailing list archives

From <Ian.Malo...@tdameritrade.com>
Subject Question about python scripts
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 22:22:33 GMT
Hi,

I’m currently running into an issue, where some of the Ambari related python scripts are
being invoked from a python 3 environment:

/usr/bin/hdp-select
/etc/hadoop/conf/topology_script.py

The reason this happens is a bit complicated, I’m running jupyterhub, which requires a python
3 environment on my management node, where ambari is located. Ambari uses python 2 currently.
For most kernels, it works fine, but Apache Toree, is for some reason calling those scripts
from within the python 3 environment. Since the scripts use /usr/bin/env python, when they
are in the conda environment for jupyterhub, they use python 3 and break. So, what I have
done is update the scripts to be usable in both python 2 and 3. Unfortunately, it appears
these scripts are recreated when the cluster goes down (or is built), so I’d have to swap
the files out.

What I’m proposing is that my changes for the scripts (or someone else’s), get committed,
so with future versions of Ambari, there are not issues of cross compatibility.

How does this sound?