ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Why are AMS and LogSearch not part of RU/EU
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:25:36 GMT
They're not going to be part of those stacks for much longer. As Ambari moves toward management
packs in 3.0, they'll be their own stack essentially.

To your question - services can provide their own upgrade packs. Since these services are
not part of the actual HDP stack, they should not be a part of the HDP pre-defined orchestration.
Additionally, they are not "version-able", so Ambari wouldn't know to schedule them. If they
provide their own upgrade pack, they can certainly be restarted as part of an HDP orchestration.