ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: New Branches Appearing
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 16:14:40 GMT
I would say go ahead and remove them with no claims.

On 3/5/18, 4:05 PM, "Jonathan Hurley" <jhurley@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Anyone want to claim these branches? If not, I'd like to remove them.

    > On Feb 27, 2018, at 9:48 AM, Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi committers and contributors,
    >
    > I noticed today that Ambari has had a few new branches created which don't seem to
be proper feature branches. They are:

    > my_trunk
    > vbrodetskyi-branch-2.6
    >
    > We recently went through and cleaned out a whole bunch of stale branches and we want
to keep our branch list clean. Can the owners of these branches indicate what they are being
used for? If they are not proper  feature branches they should be re-created in your own forks
and removed from Apache's repo. If they are long-lived feature branches, then they should
be of the format: branch-feature-AMBARI-XXXXX where the X's indicate the epic in Jira.