ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Attila Magyar <amag...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] add FreeBuilder to Ambari
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 15:55:51 GMT
I lean towards -1 a bit. It looks to me that this tool solves a not too difficult problem but
solves it in a not too ideal way. And it’s hard to predict what will be the implications
of using this in the long run.
Builders can be generated by IntelliJ or written by hand quite easily. Although this will
add some extra code, but the complexity of that code is very low and hand written builders
are easier to customize.
If there was built in language support for this then I would use it, but I wouldn’t add
a 3rd party dependency with all of its potential liabilities for solving an otherwise easy
problem.