ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: New Branches Appearing
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 21:05:30 GMT
Anyone want to claim these branches? If not, I'd like to remove them.

> On Feb 27, 2018, at 9:48 AM, Jonathan Hurley <jhurley@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi committers and contributors,
>
> I noticed today that Ambari has had a few new branches created which don't seem to be
proper feature branches. They are:

> my_trunk
> vbrodetskyi-branch-2.6
>
> We recently went through and cleaned out a whole bunch of stale branches and we want
to keep our branch list clean. Can the owners of these branches indicate what they are being
used for? If they are not proper  feature branches they should be re-created in your own forks
and removed from Apache's repo. If they are long-lived feature branches, then they should
be of the format: branch-feature-AMBARI-XXXXX where the X's indicate the epic in Jira.