ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] add FreeBuilder to Ambari
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 14:52:29 GMT
0 - I am indifferent as well, but I remain cautious about integrating 3rd party build assistants
into our ecosystem. Unlike using a library, this is something that is required for our IDEs
to be compatible with. A change to an IDE or even JDK version could potentially cause the
JAR to no longer work and for those IDEs to be non-functional until its fixed. At the end
of the day, it's a helper that boilerplates some stuff for us, making our lives a little easier
(which is good), but the tight coupling might not be.

I'd be curious to see what others feel about this approach.

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Nate Cole <ncole@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> 0  - I’m indifferent to this, but would like to understand the need.  Is this to gain
convenience for equals(), hashCode(), toString() and the like or does Ambari face a real problem
that this is addressing?