ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Target sql]
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:26:03 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyriaque Dupoirieux" <cyriaque.dupoirieux@pcotech.fr>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Target sql]

> Well,
>
>     My problem is that I can indicate the database url but I also need
> to specify the service name and I don't know
> how to do this...
>
>     (Sorry, I'm not on Oracle expert...)

An Oracle JDBC-Url is (if using the "thin-driver", which only requires
tcp/ip and no configured Oracle-Client on the system you are running this
on)

port of the listener should normally be 1521, hostname is the host the
listener is running on and oracle SID is the SID  configured in
listener.ora.

If you want to use the OCI8-driver (which requires an Oracle-Client to be
installed and configured) it would by jdbc:oracle:oci8:@<alias> where alias
is the alias you are using in (for example) SQL*Plus to connect to the
database.

Nico