ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: difference b/w pathelement location= vs. pathelement path=
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:28:49 GMT
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:05, Matt Raible wrote:
> What is the difference b/w the following
>
> <classpath>
> 	<pathelement path="${env.J2EE_HOME}/lib/j2ee.jar"/>
> 	<pathelement location="${env.J2EE_HOME}/lib/j2ee.jar"/>
> </classpath>

path parses the string in a semi-OS independent manner expecting it to be a
list of file elements concternated together. ie you could have something like

/opt/jars/foo.jar:/opt/jars/bar.jar

and path would parse it into 2 elements

/opt/jars/foo.jar

and

/opt/jars/bar.jar

Location only does a single location. However in the above example they are
equivelent.

> Is there anyway to say:
>
> <classpath>
> 	get me all the jars in this directory