ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: reg: Myrmidon info
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:27:19 GMT
On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 06:03, Mallampati, Suresh wrote:
> Where can I find info about Myrmidon project (Scope & aims etc).. and how
> can I obtain the source code.. I don't have access to CVS. and couldn't
> find them in the Ant's nightly builds.

Myrmidon is not a separate project. It is a proposal for Ant2. So the goals
and scopes of Ant2 are the goals and scopes of Myrmidon. The docs/ant2/
directory in the downloads (and http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/ on the
web) has some information material regarding ant2 though some of it less up
to date. With Ant2 we are basically refactoring ant1 to make it cleaner and
easier to extend and maintain. We are also making it much easier for it to be
customized by users and vendors or embedded in other tools.

Currently there is no access to myrmidon source except via CVS. It is under
fairly constant development and changes a lot so this may be for the best.
However if you really want I can look into making it available via something
like the nightly downloads

--
Cheers,

Pete