ant-user mailing list archives

From bobnsa...@rpa.net
Subject Fwd: trouble getting ant1.4.1 to work
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:31:10 GMT

Hi:
  I'm new to the group.
  I am having trouble getting ant 1.4.1 working on my PC. Can someone help?
  I have downloaded the jakarta-ant-1.4.1 zip file and unzipped it into d:\
I have set:
  set ANT_HOME=d:\ant1.4.1
  set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3.1_01
  set path=%path%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%ANT_HOME%\bin  (in my autoexec.bat)
  set classpath=%classpath%;%ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar  (in the current command shell)

when I type: ant -version on the command line, I get:
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/tools/ant/Main

I am using Windoze 98 on an Athalon Thunderbird processor. The mystery is that,

when I try this at work on Windows NT 4.0/Pentium III, I have no trouble. Any
thoughts? Thanks.

----- End forwarded message -----