ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: Howto: add an entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF using ejbjar?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 17:00:58 GMT
Yes, this is what I was alluding to.  I also thought that <ejbjar> extended
<jar>, but it appears that it doesn't.  So the nested <manifest> element
does not work with <ejbjar>.

There's a good reason for using the <ejbjar> task over <jar> for creating
EJBs.  I started a thread on this several weeks ago so I don't want to
rehash the same discussion.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

Cheers!
Eddie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ylan Segal [mailto:ylan@digiworks.tv]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 8:57 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Howto: add an entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF using
ejbjar?

> Nonetheless, what I ended up doing is creating a template
> manifest and used
> the token <replace> task to generate a manifest.  Using <ejbjar> and the
> "manifest=.../path_to_my_manifest/MANIFEST.MF"" worked for me.
>
> It's not the most elegant solution, but it does work.
I am not sure if this will help you guys, but the jar task can have a nested
manifest in it, which will make the MANIFEST.MF file for you. Now, this is
not documented in the ant 1.4.1 manual, but it works nonetheless. I am
guessing that ejbjar extends jar and thus also has this option available
(but you would have to check this).
I do not use ejb's, but this is how I use it.

	<jar jarfile="${dist.home}/xxx.jar">
		<fileset dir="${compile.to}">
			.... fileset stuff....
		</fileset>
		<manifest>
			<section name="SectionName">
			<attribute name="SomeStuff" value="aValue"/>
			<attribute name="OtherStuff"
value="${other.property"/>
			</section>
		</manifest>
	</jar>

Give a try, it seems to me a better solution than using replace.

Happy Debugging!.

Ylan Segal.