ant-user mailing list archives

From Janet Abdul-Karim <jn_ka...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need help on creating a task
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:08:31 GMT

that info come from.  Does it come from the .xml file where i did give the project the name.
 Maybe if I understood that I could understand how the class and the .xml file works.  thanks
in advance for all your help.
 Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:Your best reference for Ant
tasks is Ant's own source code. Check
Jakarta's CVS for details or download the Ant source distribution.

If you shared your example details with us, I'm sure we could help get
you on the right track with it.

Chapter 19 of Java Development with Ant has this review about its Ant
internals, and I of course wholeheartedly recommend it too:

"I'm planning on extending ANT to do specialized testing, so I intend
to write custom tasks. I've learned more about ANT's internals reading
4 PAGES (467-470)..." [than one of the other Ant books, won't mention
here, no need go there]

Erik