ant-user mailing list archives

From Dean Hiller <dhil...@avaya.com>
Subject does ant have opposite of pathconvert?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:35:38 GMT
Here is a very tough one....

I would like to set up a depency.properties file like so
serviceA = serviceA
serviceB = serviceB
serviceC = serviceC
serviceA.depends = serviceB serviceC
serviceB.depends = common
serviceC.depends = common

This is so I can easily see and change my dependencies on the modules in
my project.  Each service above has it's own ant build file already.
 This properties file is for the master ant build file.

Now I have one target of my build file looking like so
<target name="${serviceA}" depends="${serviceA.depends}"/>
   <copy todir="${serviceA}/temp.lib">
<!-- Before this step, I need to convert ${serviceA.depends} so it looks
like "serviceB/dist/*" and "serviceC/dist/*" and then convert
        that into a fileset somehow.  I have no idea how to do either.
The second is exactly the opposite of pathconvert-->
         <fileset dir="Need to take
   </copy>
   <ant antfile="${serviceA} target="build" dir="${serviceA}"/>
</target>

thanks for any out of the box ideas on this one,
Dean