ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject executing a "clean" task
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:37:35 GMT
Hi,

I have written a very small build.xml script for ant modeled after the
example in the "Using Ant" docs on the Jakarta web site.  The example I
followed includes a task named "clean", but neither the default task nor
any of its dependencies depend on "clean".  Therefore, it will never be
executed.

Is there a way to get a specific task to execute by passing in some
commandline parameter?  Essentially I have modified the "clean" task in
my build.xml to delete the build directory, but I'm not sure how to get
"clean" to execute instead of "dist", which is my default task.  I
didn't see mention of this in the docs, or I missed it, only how to set
property names/values from the command line with -D.

Thanks,

Erik