ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lybarger <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: scp task -- need to be declared somehow in the build file?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:35:53 GMT
the jars need to be in $ANT_HOME/lib directory

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn [mailto:javajunkie@koyuru.com]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:21 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: scp task -- need to be declared somehow in the build file?

Hello,

Do I need to add something to my build file to use optional tasks.  The
docs don't seem to indicate that but...

I am using a servlet to launch a build file that uses the scp tast.

In TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib I have

ant.jar
optional.jar
ant-jsch.jar
jsch-20030830.jar

Those are also in my ANT_HOME

either way, command line or via my servlet I get:

Could not create task or type of type: scp.
Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.
This is common and has a number of causes; the usual solutions are to read
the manual pages then download and
install needed JAR files, or fix the build file: - You have misspelt 'scp'.
   Fix: check your spelling.
 - The task needs an external JAR file to execute
   and this is not found at the right place in the classpath.
   Fix: check the documentation for dependencies.
   Fix: declare the task.
 - The task is an Ant optional task and optional.jar is absent
   Fix: look for optional.jar in ANT_HOME/lib, download if needed
 - The task was not built into optional.jar as dependent
   libraries were not found at build time.
   Fix: look in the JAR to verify, then rebuild with the needed
   libraries, or download a release version from apache.org
 - The build file was written for a later version of Ant
   Fix: upgrade to at least the latest release version of Ant
 - The task is not an Ant core or optional task and needs to be declared
using .

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

---