ant-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Wulff <oliver.wu...@zurich.ch>
Subject Antwort: RE: Antwort: AW: Check whether a fileset exist
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:47:22 GMT

I'm using Greebo to download all jars from the Maven repository. I've
extended Greebo to create a fileset automatically.
We are using different technologies in Java like Corba, Axis, JBoss, ...
For each one, you have to generate java source files and compile them.
I've set up a pluggable build mechanism for Ant with different build
modules for Corba, Axis, JBoss (XDoclet). You define which build modules
you want to use in a properties file.
In some circumstances, the automatically created fileset can't be used for
compilation. That means, a build module should make the following decision:
compile the sources with the fileset "orbix.libs" if exists otherwise use
the default one. That means, the developer can either just do nothing and
the automatically created fileset is used or he can define a fileset
explicitly (in this example: "orbix.libs").

Oliver

Oliver Wulff
Zürich Versicherungs-Gesellschaft
IA4, CoC Middleware
Postfach, 8085 Zürich
Telefon: +41- 1 628 58 07
Fax: +41 - 1 623 58 07
E-Mail: mailto:oliver.wulff@zurich.ch

                      Jan.Materne@rzf.

                      fin-nrw.de               An:      user@ant.apache.org

                                               Kopie:

                      29.09.2003 07:14         Thema:   RE: Antwort: AW: Check whether a fileset
exist
                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Ant Users

                      List"

Why do you want to check?
Simply declare it on the beginning of the buildfile and use that where you
want.
The _content_ of that fileset is evaluated when it´s used, not when it´s
declared.

Jan