ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log messages from custom task are not associated with the task
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:43:04 GMT
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Christopher Lenz <cmlenz@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm really wondering how this could ever work.

I'm really wondering if we've broken XmlLogger in CVS HEAD, now that
all tasks are UnknownElements before they get executed.  Any chance
you could try Ant's CVS HEAD (or the latest nightly build) to see
whether we've accidently fixed the situation for you - or made it
worse?

> Why is my task an UnknownElement when taskStarted() is invoked?

In Ant 1.5, only the tasks that are known at startup - i.e. the
built-in tasks and the ones defined via top-level <taskdef>s are
created as "real" task instances by the parser.  For the "unknown"s at
startup time, UnknownElement is used as a placeholder and resolved as
soon as the task is supposed to be executed.

CVS HEAD defers task instantiation up to the point where the task gets
executed, all tasks are UnknownElements in CVS HEAD most of the time.

Stefan