ant-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Baffled in classloader land
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:35:42 GMT

On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 10:26 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Geir Magnusson, Jr. <geirm@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm just a bit surprised, nay *stunned*, that this hasn't come up
>> before
>
> It has, or we wouldn't have changed it for 1.6 8-)

:)

>> - how do people do testing of conatiner-ish things?
>
> Ant task don't get run in containers other than Ant too often, neither
> does Ant itself.  Ant is one of those boring little stand-alone
> command line tools most of the time.

That's true, but I found this by changing the Velocity
ContextResourceLoader to use the context classloader.  And then a
testcase that is done via an ant task broke.  That testcase used
this.getClass()...  to get some resources from the classpath, and as an
experiment, I changed the testcase itself to use the context
classloader, and then it couldn't even find the resources to test
with...

This just makes me worried about changing the resource loader in
Velocity, because it will probably bite us elsewhere

geirm@optonline.net