ant-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton Craig" <...@icsaward.com>
Subject Performance gain with subant task?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:42:21 GMT
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the new subant task in version 1.6. Is subant
significantly faster than using foreach from ant-contrib? I have a rather
lengthy build process that I'm looking to make faster. Right now I use
foreach to iterate over ever entry in a dirset and either run a javac in the
folder or run a build file if it is found. Due to the structure of our
project it was necessary but difficult to filter out folders in a dirset
where they included a build.xml file. So now performance suffers because of
the overhead of foreach where a straight javac over a fileset would be much
faster. I'm looking for any suggestions at all that would help performance.
For example would anyone know how to exclude folders that include a
build.xml in a dirset? That would be half of my battle.

Clifton C. Craig
Intelligent Computer Systems
A division of Global Beverage Group
ccc@icsaward.com