ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wood <ch...@thesprocket.org>
Subject Re: Problem on OS/400
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:44:00 GMT
On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 08:35, Jack J. Woehr wrote:
> Chris Wood wrote:
>
> > It's not my day - this is the second platform I've had trouble with Ant
> > on today...
> >
> > Ok, using ant1.6beta2, on OS/400.
> >

> Were you able to build Ant on OS/400? Or did someone give you a precompiled jar?

I downloaded the binary distribution from the ant website, so no
building involved.
However with ant being written in java, the jar files should work on any
platform with Java, surely?
Version 1.5.3 works just fine using the same sort of distribution.

The problem looks to me as though it's something to do with the new
launcher in 1.6. I'm not a big java guy though, so not really in a
position to look hard at the code.

Regards,

Chris