ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Could Ant build scripts be compiled?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:57:13 GMT
Hi Peter,

At 06:43 PM 11/25/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>   - use <macrodef> instead of <antcall>

I think I've found a case where I can't replace my <antcall>'s with
<macrodef>.  Currently, the target I am calling via <antcall> has
dependencies.  If I use <macrodef> to make the call, how do I get the other
targets to run.  Everything has to happen in the <macrodef>, and unless I
<macrodef>.

I'm not opposed to using <if> <then> tasks, but this isn't a native Ant
solution.  The only way I can see this working is to have <macrodef>
support target dependencies.  Thoughts?  Am I missing something?

Jake