ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: Could Ant build scripts be compiled?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:25:05 GMT
> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
>
> My first idea was creating an executable JAR file. All property value,
> build scenario and needed files (especially Ant classes) are built in.
> So a simple  "java -jar mybuild.jar"  would start the default target.

I was thinking something similar.  This would be very useful for productizing Ant script-based
tools.

> But a "java -jar mybuild.jar target1 -Dprop=value"  should
> also be possible.

Yep.  I guess Main would have to be tweaked to handle this too.

> If there are interests I can translate my (old) notices (or
> send in German).

If you have some gems in there, please do.  Or, until someone gets off their ass to prototype
something we can kick ideas around. That'll probably happen either way. :-)

> Serialisation of the project object was one idea, also. But
> that class is sometimes modified and I donĀ“t know whether
> you can load "old" files ....

The serialversionUID mechanism could take care of this, right?  Probably just needs to be
added to Project.

Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.