ant-user mailing list archives

From "Samar Hossam" <Samar.Hos...@web.de>
Subject "classpath" attribute in the "javac" task
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:51:36 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am new to Ant and I would like to ask you for help.

I was reading in the Ant's manual when I encountered this example:

<javac srcdir="${src}"
         destdir="${build}"
         classpath="xyz.jar"
         debug="on"/>

This task compiles all .java files under the ${src} directory, and stores the .class files
in the ${build} directory. The classpath used includes xyz.jar, and compiling with debug information
is on.

My question is: Why do I need to point to a .jar file using the classpath, when I have all
my sources in the ${src} directory and after the compilation I'll get all the classes in the
${build} directory?

I'd appreciate your help.

Regards,
   Samar Hossam