ant-user mailing list archives

From EJ Ciramella <ecirame...@archivas.com>
Subject How awesome is this
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:59:35 GMT
Hacked toys -

http://billtmiller.com/circuitbending/

Maybe it'd be cool for 10 minutes, I dunno.

I'm still thinking of terrorizing your brother Adam with a hacked
Teddy Ruxpin.

Think about it.

Mr. Ruxpin sitting on his bed. . .

"Hey, I'm Teddy Ruxpin, wanna play?"

regardless of your brothers reaction. . .

"Hell is merely a word, the reality is much worse," <eyes turn red>
"here, let me show you."

That'd be priceless.

Scroll down and look for the cricket comment:

<quote>What about [hacking] cat toys or Teddy Ruxpins?<quote>

Ha! I remember when my sister had "Cricket", another one of those
Teddy Ruxpin-like dolls that had a cassette player built into it. I
threw a Metallica tape into Cricket, and she started lip syncing to
Enter Sandman! Ah, those were the good ol' days...

Another person put:

Heh! I did something quite similar. I worked for an educational toy
store at the time that sold Teddy Ruxpins. I put Prince's 1999
cassette into Teddy, and when Prince screamed, Teddy's mouth opened
wide and his eyes rolled back into his head!

(I just about peed myself after reading this one)

(http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010115S0002)