ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim McMaster" <jim.mcmas...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Compiling enums in Ant 1.6.5
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:54:42 GMT
On Thursday, December 15, 2005 3:37 PM, Rhino <mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> Can the <javac> task in Ant 1.6.5 compile a typesafe enum
> when using the
> 'modern' compiler? If yes, how do I persuade it to do so? If
> no, is there
> any workaround or will I just have to compile the enum separately and
> include it in my build manually?

Ant certainly will compile emuns with a 1.5 compiler...I do it all the time,
although I do not use the "modern" compiler argument.

> For what it's worth, I tried adding the source="1.5"
> parameter to the target
> and got the message "javac: invalid source release: 1.5". My JAVA_HOME
> environment variable is set to D:\Program
> Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06, otherwise
> I'd suspect that I was pointing at a 1.4 (or earlier) compiler.

That is the only thing I can think of...you have to be running an earlier
compiler.  I don't think ant looks at JAVA_HOME, though...it probably just
looks at your PATH.  Is there any way you could have an older compiler in
there?

--
Jim McMaster
mailto:jim.mcmaster@comcast.net