ant-user mailing list archives

From greg...@tpg.com.au
Subject Is there an ANT task to replace a <TAG:filename> in the source with the contents of the specified file???
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:07:44 GMT
Hi,

Is there an ANT task to replace a <TAG:filename> in the source with the
contents of the specified file???

That is I working with some scripting languages where I'd like to
identify common code and keep these in separate files (e.g. like JSP TAG
replacement concept but simpler).  What I'm looking for is a way to
specific a TAG in the source file, which within the TAG it identified
the file which has the common code.  Then when running the ANT task and
"building" from the SOURCE to the BUILD area the TAGS would be replaced
by the contents of the files.

Any suggestions re how to do this with ANT?

An optional (ideal) extra would be the ability to handle recursion (i.e.
a file with a snippet of text itself could contain a TAG).

Thanks