ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@dpml.net>
Subject RE: ant return status
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:04:48 GMT

The ant commandline script under windows (NT/XP/etc.) returns either 0 or 1.
A zero value indicates that the build was successful.  A value of 1
indicates an error. Under Windows you can use the ERRORLEVEL variable to
test the result of invoking ant.  For example:

  CALL :execute-my-ant-build
  IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :exit

  :execute-my-ant-build
  PUSHD my-dir\my-subdir
  CALL ant %*
  POPD
  GOTO :EOF

  :exit
  IF ERRORLEVEL 1 ECHO WOOPS, SOMETHING FAILED
  GOTO :EOF

Cheers, Steve.