ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Silverman <michael.silv...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting the drive letter and setting windows path
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:40:37 GMT
Hi All,

I have two questions and I would really appreciate your assistance.

1. How do I get the drive letter which ant is running from (under windows of
course)?
    Something like getting the first char of ${basedir} is good enough for
me (I think...)

2. Is there a way to set the windows path through ant? It doesn't have to be
permanent,
   I just want to append a dir to the windows path during the running of ant
(because of a DLL issue).
   I tried to use the exec task but it didn't work: I couldn't execute 'set'
because it is not
   an executable file and if I execute 'cmd.exe' with arguments 'set
Path=...' , then the path
   is only changed in the cmd.exe process and not outside of it (the change
is not visible
   to ant after cmd.exe has ended).

Thank you very much for any help you can offer,
Michael