ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Roy <s...@mac.com>
Subject Perform tasks conditionally
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 02:24:43 GMT
Hello,

I have been using Ant for about a year but I still feel like I am a
newbie, and maybe this explains my question, but you tell me.

I have a script where I compile the sources for my project and jar it
all up. This works well but I'm looking at adding an optimization where
the Jar task would be skipped if no source file had to be recompiled.
How could I do that?

I looked at the Condition task, but that didn't light up anything in my
mind. I'm guessing that I need to find out from the Javac task how many
files had to be compiled, but how would I do that?

Steve

--
Steve Roy <sroy@mac.com>
<http://homepage.mac.com/sroy>