ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Displaying the value in a Java class?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:26:16 GMT
--- Rhino <rhino1@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> [...]
[SNIP]
> >> other types) but the
> >> constant I am trying to read is defined as
> follows:
> >>
> >>     public static final EmploymentHistoryFormats
> >> DESIRED_EMPLOYMENT_HISTORY_FORMAT =
> >> EmploymentHistoryFormats.LIST_FORMAT;
> >>
> >> EmploymentHistoryFormats is an enum, not a
> String.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to coax this filter to tell me
> that
> >> the current value of
> >> DESIRED_EMPLOYMENT_HISTORY_FORMAT is LIST_FORMAT?
> >> That's all I really want
> >> to know to get my build.xml working 100%.
> >>
> >> If not, is there any other way to get this
> >> information?
> >
> > filter the Java file w/ regex looking for
> >
> > "^[\s]*public static final
> EmploymentHistoryFormats

DESIRED_EMPLOYMENT_HISTORY_FORMAT[\s]*=[\s]*([^;]+);[\s]*$"

> > and replace w/ "\1"?
> >
> Your suggestion is a bit cryptic for me to follow
> completely. Are you saying
> I should use a ContainsRegex filter but still within
> LoadProperties? Or are
> you proposing that I use LoadFiles and the .java
> file instead of the
> ClassConstants filter?

Basically you want to display the value to the user,
right?  Then just use <loadfile> with a <containsregex
flags="m"> filter... the regex I supplied above
included a parenthetically-delimited "group" (I
believe is the term in regex parlance) that included
the value.  When you specify "\1" as the replacement,
only the portion of the input data that matched the
first (\1) group in the regex will come through the
filter.  You could also move the parentheses forward
to pull the name of the constant as well, and save
yourself a little more typing in the buildfile.  But
you may want to give that as "Desired Employment
History Format", who knows?  The end result is that
you can load just that value (e.g. FOO) or D_E_H_F=FOO
in a property, which you can then display to the user
as an <input> prompt or whatever.

-Matt

> And why do you want to replace anything? I just want
> to know the value of
> the constant, not change it. (Although, now that I
> think about it, it might
> be neat to be able to let the user modify the value
> before doing the rest of
> the build.... But I don't think that's what you're
> talking about, right?
>
> --
> Rhino
[SNIP]