ant-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Hughes <mhug...@feith.com>
Subject How to update build number without screwing up build.properties format
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:07:23 GMT
I have a build.properties file that contains my build.number property.
Part of my build is updating that number by one on each build using:

<propertyfile file="build.properties" >
  <entry default="0001" key="build.number" operation="+" pattern="0000"
type="int" />
</propertyfile>

It does what it needs to do, but it also reorders all the other
properties in the file.  I have a lot of properties in the file and
group them with carriage returns to make it easier to see what does
what.   Any suggestions for how to update the number without scrambling
the order of properties.