ant-user mailing list archives

From "Noel Sebastien (BIL)" <Sebastien.N...@dexia-bil.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: RE: Delete task failed to remove French file name
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:01:27 GMT
*** To reproduce it you must have a file called name containing the special name "Modèle",
then use the command :
mkdir src; touch src/ffff; touch src/$(cat name)
Then you will have a test directory src/ containing two files : ffff and Modèle

And here is the full build.xml file
<project default="go" basedir="." name="earAntBuild">
	<!-- A property that is useless : does not fix my problem -->
	<property name="file.encoding" value="ISO-88591"/>
        <target name="go">
                <!-- Delete the directory trees -->
                <delete dir="./src"/>
        </target>
</project>

*** To delete it manually, I use at the unix prompt : rm -rf ./src and it works.. So it is
not a matter of access right.

*** My problem status :
What Stefan says (see below) seems to be interesting :
  It's probably an issue with your Java VM.  Ant retrieves the file name from the OS via File.list()
and later tries "new File(...).delete()".
  In your case the list call returns a file name that isn't handeled by the File constructor.
AR explains also that the answer must be something related to the LANG env :
  My environment variable $LANG=fr_FR.fr

I tried the LANG env var, and seems to work (except the 15 stdout printing of "couldn't set
locale correctly.... couldn't set locale correctly" during ant execution).
The perfect solution would be to know the JVM system properties (or Ant property) to set this
LANG variable for my Ant process. Because I do not want to set LANG in the .profile of the
user running it.... I tried user.language, file.encoding, but in vain. Any clue ?

Thank for all