ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <Jon.Sk...@clearswift.com>
Subject RE: Help with Microsoft visual source safe ant task
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:23:34 GMT
> We learned the same lesson.  If files are checked out of vss,
> then getting the files will either not get the file or will
> get an older version of the file (i do not recall which is true).

Doing a "get latest" will get the latest version which has been checked
into the VSS database.
It (obviously) won't get a newer version which currently only lives on
someone's local file system.

> So has anyone created a utility to list which files have been
> checked out from vss?  That would be helpful to run prior to a build.

I don't know offhand how to do it from the command line, but from the
VSS Explorer you can hit Ctrl-S and then fiddle with the options
appropriately to find out what's checked out.

Jon

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its
corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support@clearswift.com quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security
threats, including computer viruses.