ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Maven vs. Ant?
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:55:37 GMT
Honestly, I still don't understand this desire to have some lib
repository I see used in maven (or the concept I mean).  It has always
been my experience everywhere I work, to have a copy of the libraries
needed someplace nearby.  And, as such, that was always considered the
"official gold copy."  We could never just download and use some other
newer version without consent.  With that said, what is the point of
this automagic library gathering?  I am no maven user, so perhaps I
don't understand it...but I hear talk of library dependencies and
such...but I have never had those issues - i just keep around the jars I
need...

Sorry, if I am being overly naive...